What You Can Expect at Edmonds Family Chiropractic
You can expect a unique patient experience that is centered on you, your health and your family’s health.
- What a tomato and kiddo adjustment have in common?
- For those who are unfamiliar with kiddo adjustments, we use same amount of pressure to check the ripeness of a tomato to adjust a baby or child. We check and work with a lot of kids to help with lots of different concerns caused by sports, posture or even birth.
- Do we take X-rays?
- Yes, do have a digital xray on-site, but we try and limit the amount of xray and the areas we xray. Also WE DO NOT XRAY kids or pregnant women. We use xray to best figure out how to care for our patients.
- What are the scans?
- In some cases, instead of xray, we use our Insight Technology. It uses sEMG (surface electromyography), thermography and heart rate variablility (HRV) to get an idea of the health of your spine and nervous system. It does not give off any radiation, but instead reads information off your body. This technology helps us give our best recommendations for our adult, kid and pregnant patients.
- How often should I get adjusted?
- The start of care usually requires the most time commitment. After your initial care plan, most patients in our office continue to do wellness or maintenance care that can be weekly to once every couple weeks.
- How much is an appointment in your office?
- Our adjustment fees can range from $39 to $150 depending upon the type of appointment and if insurance is involved.
- Do you take insurance?
- Although a lot of our patients are cash patients, we do accept insurance and will bill out of network benefits. Please check out our insurance list.
- How long do appointments take?
- An adjustment is usually 10 to 15 minutes (we understand our patients are busy and don’t need to be waiting in our office for long periods of time). An evaluation in our office can run anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes.
- How do pregnant patients get adjusted?
- We have special pillows that allow our pregnant patients to lie face down. Most love it so much they want to take the pillows home with them :). All the chiropractors in our office are Webster-Certified so we have been trained to adjust pregnant women.
- Do you have massage at your office?
- Although massage is great, we specialize in Chiropractic and specifically chiropractic for kids and pregnant women. For those who want massage or need it, we refer to some of our great community partners.
- I like or don’t like hearing or feeling my spine move?
- First, that clicking or popping sound is just gas coming out of the joint, and nothing is breaking. Second, not every person in our office receives the same technique and we can use our gentle kiddo adjustment techniques on adults and pregnant women as well. Please click here to see our list of techniques we use.